Monica Dolan-Strachan - Profile
- Basic Information
- Professional Suffix(es):
- LCSW, M.Ed, CPC
- Professional Background
- I Am a Licensed Psychotherapist, I am an Accredited Coach
- License Number(s) and State(s) or Authority:
- PA-Licensed Clinical Social Worker - CW016117
- Prof Coach, ELI Master, Community Mediator, Crisis Responser
- Masters of Social Work (MSW), Masters in Educational Leadership (M.ED)
- Coaching Specialties:
- Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Family Relationships, Gender Identity, Job or Workplace Issues, Learning Differences, Life Coaching, Marriage, Mood Changes and Struggles, Parenting, School or Academic Issues, Stress, What Should I Do With My Life?
- Specialty Ages:
- Early Adolescents (12 - 16), Emerging Adults (17 - 24), Adults, Mature Adults
- West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
- About Me and My Coaching
- About Me and My Coaching:
My mission is to empower communication, compassion and collaboration to create bonds that are more meaningful and fulfilling. I strive to provide a supportive, nonjudgmental platform for personal growth. I work collaboratively with you to identify goals and desires, as we will explore and reframe obstacles and belief systems that may be standing in your way. Who an individual is is defined by you, not me. Family is a general term that is recognized, but takes many forms and there can be relationship challenges in all of them.
In addition to individual coaching and counseling experience, I have over 28 years of experience in public education and I have provided services to thousands of diverse children, teens and families regarding all aspects of educational and emotional need, including parent child conflict and co-parenting issues. I have co-facilitated parent/adolescent education programs for 100's of families and countless student groups for children of differing abilities.
* Stressed? Drained? Uninspired? Perhaps a nudge would help? I provide supportive accountability!
*Concerned about the dynamics of a current relationship? Clarifying what you need and value is vital.
*Do you feel like no one hears you? Let's work on communication skills, which are beneficial in all interactions.
*Frustrated and anxious about raising children and teens? That makes sense, it's more complicated than ever.
*Is your adolescent difficult to engage with? I'll give it a shot. Empowered teens can be very creative.
*Is you child experiencing academic or behavioral difficulties in school and with peers? We should chat.
*Conflicts with other adults, such as siblings or co-workers? We can work on coping skills and I'm also a Certified Mediator, so I may have some tips.
*New college grad or other adult returning home? Let's create a 3 year plan, or 3 week, if that's a better start.
*Life adjustment? New to empty-nesting or divorce? Let's find your next adventure.
*Feeling anxious, depressed and/or unmotivated? Dealing with the loss of a loved one? It's difficult, but taking one step leads to another.
The most effective coaching relationship is one where we both feel like we 'get each other.' Please feel free to reach out with questions and best of luck on your journey.